Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Time Machines and the Nineteenth Century

Mechano-Neural Therapy experienced great popularity in the late 1900's and early 20th century. Dr Ella Kilgus originated the therapy at that time, but the actual practice can be traced to early greek civilization.

I learned to do the technique when I was 6 years of age. I've been doing it ever since on my family, my dogs, the nurses at work, and one time on myself as I braced myself against a wall to penetrate the pressure points along the spine.

Only a few of us know how to do it: my sister, my family doctor's daughter, her sister, her son. I taught my husband and a nurse at work how to do it, and they are whiz kid's with their own style and flair for healing.

I am doing research on Mechano, as we call it, so that I can disseminate this information by way of a book I intend to write.

My Homeopathic family doctor's daughter and I just began exchanging this massage every Wednesday at eleven in the morning.

I go to her house because it is conveniently located in the heart of our hometown, across from a nineteenth century church, with a mammoth bell which rings the time on the hour.

Her home was built in the mid 1800's. My friend is caring for the house which has been inhabited by four generations of her family, up to this point in time.

Nineteenth Century antiques furnish this mansion, every room of it, not because it's decorated that way, but because this is the way it's always been.

The smells take me back to my earliest memory. I was raised in that house as well as my family residence, which is located one mile across town.

After the treatment exchange, I left the house, rejuvenated, feeling alive and energized. Ideas were swirling around my head about the Mechano book, the title of which has yet to be determined.

I recently joined Pat O'Bryan's Portable Empire University where we learn the details of internet marketing by accessing hours and hours of valuable "How To" video and audio presentations.

Pat O'Bryan has a well run forum where he regularly participates. This makes us all feel connected to him, the guru who is talented at making us all feel special.

Pat's new book entitled: "Your Portable Empire: How To Make Money Anywhere While Doing What You Love" will be released 9/4/07. He got the idea that he wanted to have a book signing at the social networking site called "Second Life."

He purchased and decorated The Portable Empire Island and set it up for select members to come and chat with him and everyone else who shows up as we all await the unveiling of his book, his creation, his baby!

In order to go to The Portable Empire Island, I had to create what is called a walking, talking avatar, complete with an outfit, hair style and color, facial and body structure of my choice, any and all of which I can change at any time.

Her name is Mooie Infinity.

She feels like my alter ego.

I worry about her as I go about my first life.

I voiced these concerns to Pat's avatar, Koanwrangler Ibanez, who generously offered his roof to Mooie, situated by a lovely fountain with lavender colored water complete with the sound effect of rippling water, when the Portable Empire Island isn't in full swing.

My dogs absolutely love the soothing sound.

In the time-line of one day, I went from the 19th century to the future, which is now.

I went from a musty smelling 19th century room overlooking the oldest inland street in America, to a virtual reality ocean front property at Second Life, with others who desire to socialize, network about their businesses, and offer our support to one another.

It's quite the mind trip.

Space travel.

Time machines.

Learning centers.

The greatest alternative to bar room socializing I've ever seen.

We do live in interesting times.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Kate Loving Shenk is a writer, healer, musician and the creator of the e-book called "Transform Your Nursing Career and Discover Your Calling and Destiny." Click here to find out how to order the e-book: http://www.nursingcareertransformation.com Check Out Kate's Blog: http://www.nursehealers.typepad.com
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Henry David Thoreau

No comments: