Saturday, July 11, 2009

Managing Motivation in a Recession

"When the going gets tough, the tough get going"

Write this old, but still very true, quote down on a 3" x 4" file card and stick it on your bathroom mirror, fridge or someplace in your home that forces you to see it everyday. Read it when you get up in the morning and when you go to bed at night.

Visualization of this quote everyday will give you strength to motivate you in your current business or to find a new business career in these recessionary times. Don't underestimate the power of creative dreaming or visualization. Most of the best inventions in life came from people who were not afraid to dream big.

Successful people have mistakes and failures, but they never loose vision of the goal they have set in their mind to achieve. They learn from their mistakes and push forward towards their goal. Goal oriented people become aware of how powerful the force of dreams and desires are.

Take steps to develop these skills beginning in very small ways everyday. You have to own your dreams or desires. Set one or more manageable goals to accomplish everyday. At the end of the day, week and finally the month, you will be amazed at what you have accomplished. The feeling of pride you get from each achievement will keep increasing your energy level to continue accomplishing even more goals. You now have created a road map to achieve success.

Mine your dreams and desires. Don't let setbacks or negative comments bug you. Pay attention to your dreams, fantasies and desires. Face the fears and challenges that have caused you to stop mining those treasures, the treasures that can give you the life you deserve. Think about it, avoidance is really not helping anything. You still expend a great deal of energy on the negative feelings of pain, frustration, guilt and hurt. Remember, "avoidance always prolongs the pain".

Successful people always keep their vision on the larger picture, constantly taking steps to achieve their goal. They constantly visualize the steps they must take to attain the good things they want in life and to avoid the bad things that will hinder them from accomplishing their goals. In short, they rarely do anything without thinking positively about the rewards of their goal and how it will enhance their life.

Successful people don't dwell on blame or fault. Even if someone else is at fault, they take the initiative to address the problem and seek a solution. Whatever the answer may be, they don't loose sight of their goal. Don't just sit there wishing someone would fix the problem, it's your goals at risk, you fix it.

We know the economy is currently in a recession. Don't wait for it to change take action now. Take up a new skill, change your career, and look at a different field of employment. Look somewhere else to find another career, find a niche that is hot, enlarge your network of searches, and be open to new job or career opportunities. Read the newspaper, entrepreneur magazines, start thinking outside the box. What have you always dreamt about doing? Don't just sit around and wait.

Force yourself out of your comfort zone. Nothing will happen unless you get started taking action now. Start off by taking baby steps; this will decrease your setbacks while building your confidence.

"If an ant picks up one grain of sand at a time, the city will still be built. But if the ant looks at the grain of sand and says this is not a city; there will be no city at the end."

Who am I?

At best, I am a life coach! I was an inner city child with a single mom until the age of 8. I had an abusive step father that forced me to leave home at 16. I grew up on the streets. My life as you can imagine with the role models I encountered quickly shaped my future. After years of alcohol abuse, therapy sessions, counselling and anger management courses, I was at a crossroad. My life was not what I envisioned it would be and it was spiraling out of control. Realizing my barriers was painful to say the least. I couldn't mask my emotions anymore and that is when I decided I needed a life change! Even though my career was in the right direction at the time I couldn't experience happiness.

Change came after applying the teachings and secrets that I am about to reveal to you I use in my own life. I am student of life's teachings in all aspects. My teachings are a condensed version of experiences, encounters, lessons and action plans that are put together in an easy to use manual.

I am committed to transforming my clients to start living their life to the fullest! If you are looking for an easy to read ebook guide to help you attain A Happy, Healthy Lifestyle, get your copy Now to Start Living the Life You Deserve!

http://www.wellbalancedlifestyle.com

No comments: