Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Is Mary the Mother of God?

A resounding No is heard from the reaches of heaven as I realize the power of knowledge, understanding the simple Chronology of the Christian Church, and recognizing the fallacy of the Catholic Churchs system of belief. Do they know? I wonder

The Chronology of the Christian church interjects an opportunity to take a break before we go into the Crusades because the Inquisition and the Reformation will require more attention. The Dark Ages are significant to the History of the Church. But, after the schisms and the heresies I feel its time to tackle one of the biggest stumbling blocks between Christians.

Is Jesus truly God or the Son of God?

Is Mary the Mother of God or the mother of Jesus, The Son of God?

I tremble with emotion taking on this subject because I am opening myself up to being declared a Heretic, as many of the early Christians were. I only hope everyone will read to the end of the chapter before anathemizing me.

I believe the Bible itself has given us the answer, only we are too wise and too learned to recognize it.

First, open your bibles to: Luke (10: 21-23)

At the very moment He (Jesus) rejoiced in the Holy Spirit and said, I give you praise, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, for although you have hidden these things from the wise and the learned you have revealed them to the CHILDLIKE. Yes, Father, such has been your gracious will. All things have been handed over to me by my Father. No one knows who the Son is except the Father and no one knows who the Father is except the Son and ANYONE TO WHOM THE SON WISHES TO REVEAL HIM.

Jesus is the Word made Flesh. Paul, who wrote the Books of Corinthia, knew Jesus to be the Wisdom (Word) of God, made Flesh. But, are Jesus and God the Father one and the same?

Jesus said in John 5:30

I cannot do anything on my own. I judge as I hear, and my judgement is just, because I do not seam my own will, but the will of the Father, who sent me.

We know that the Father and Jesus are one, and yet Jesus tells us, in Luke 14:28:

You heard me tell you, I am going away and I will come back to you. If you loved me, you would rejoice that I am going to the Father, FOR THE FATHER IS GREATER THAN I.

God pondered, according the Old Testament how to send His Son(Wisdom) to earth. God sent Jesus to be our Savior, the Messiah promised in the Old Testament. God instilled in Him, Wisdom and His Plan of Salvation. Thats why Jesus said He could do nothing without the Father guiding Him. And its why He said, The Father and I are One, and The Father is greater than I. But Jesus is not God. He is the Son of God, the long awaited Messiah.

If God is the Father, and Jesus is the Son, how can Mary be the mother of God, when she was the virgin mother of Jesus?

For More information about the History of the Catholic Church, and the answer to the question "Is Mary the Mother of God?" please visit my website at http://annetoxley.com

(c) 2007 - Anne T. Oxley

Religious Freedom

No comments: