Monday, May 11, 2009

Sheltered in the Arms of God

"Mama, save me!"

My six year old son jumped into my arms as a horrendous crash of thunder and a bolt lightening sent a fireball rolling across the ground toward where we were. He was terrified, and truth to tell, so was I. But, I had no arms to jump into. I had no one to cling to -

Except God.

Immediately I cried out, "Lord, save us!" And, just like my small son who had jumped for safety to my arms, I jumped into the arms of God, spiritually speaking. And you know what happened next? The fireball disintegrated before my eyes, the wind calmed, the thunder ceased. It was miraculous.

It was God taking care of His children.

That incident reminded me of the time when Jesus was asleep in the boat while a storm raged on Galilee. "Don't you care if we perish?" his friends asked, awaking him. In response, Jesus simply spoke to the winds and they stopped blowing.

It was God taking care of His children.

Do you have a storm raging in your life, dear friend? Why not jump into the arms of a loving God? And though the storms rage high, the dark clouds roll -- you don't need to worry. You'll be sheltered; safe within the arms of God.

Linda S. Van Fleet is an author of inspirational articles and short stories. She is the webmaster of I Believe in Angels, Do You? and Apple City Inspirations

2005 Linda S. Van Fleet

No comments: